Navigating Government forms and documentation

Navigating Government forms and documentation

Filling out Government forms can often be challenging at the best of times. If English is not your first language it is even harder. That’s why the Kensington Neighbourhood House has put together a team of skilled volunteers to help people fill out forms. 

On any given week our volunteers help people fill out all sorts of forms and documents ranging from Centrelink forms, citizenship applications, passport applications, housing forms and working with children checks. We’ve even helped people fill out divorce papers.

Our volunteers are willing to give most things a go and 99% of the time they are able to assist. The only limitation is that they are not lawyers or authorised witnesses so cannot sign off on any legal documentation.

Barbara Jacobs, one of our volunteers says some of the most challenging and complex forms she helps people with are from the Office of Housing. “These forms are very repetitious”, she says. “I tell people this just so they know why I keep asking the same questions.”

This is a free service which is open to everyone but people need to call ahead and make an appointment with a volunteer.  Appointments can be made Mondays 1pm-3pm, Tuesdays 6.30pm-8.30pm and Thursdays 6.30pm-8.30pm.

Call 9376 6366 to book your appointment today.

Leave a Message

Your email address will not be published.