Volunteers play an integral part in several of the House’s programs and operations. If you would like to get involved as a volunteer we are always looking for help in our various volunteer lead programs. Alternatively if you have other skills to offer don’t hesitate to pick up the phone or drop in for a chat.
The following programs are run with the help of volunteers:
- Code Club – teaching children aged 9-11 computer coding and programming.
- Family Literacy Program – provide literacy tuition and coaching to children and parents
- Help with form filling – assist people who need help filling out forms or understanding documentation
- Resume Support Program – assist people one on one to develop or refine their resume.
- Wednesday Social Group – assisting with meals and driving mini-van on outings
- Elderly Vietnamese & IndoChinese Social Group – accompanying group on outings and assisting with interpreting.
- English Tutor Program – assist people one on one with English language (full training provided)
- Board – the House is governed by a voluntary Board of management
Kensington Neighbourhood Heroes
If you’d like to volunteer locally click here to view current opportunities.